Thursday, June 18, 2009

Jumping In. Twitter for the Timid.

I've been spending lots of time lately considering the value of the various social media channels, how to use them, how to get the most out of them, and what their value is to my own business. I've been on Twitter for a few months now and it's been a slow, and tentative introduction.

As I was reviewing the various e-mail newsletters that I receive daily, this particular article on Twitter really resonated with me - particularly since I seem to be following the pattern. "Learning Twitter - Come on in, the water's warm!" is a great overview and guide to entering into the world of Twitter.

This channel can be a valuable tool. I recommend deciding what you want to use it for - what are your objectives? That will help give some focus to your exploration. For me personally, being a one-women show based in my home, my objectives include staying informed and expanding my network of resources. I'm enjoying my slow entry and am doing lots of listening. Join me! @betsylinnell

No comments:

Post a Comment